8.20.2012

Back-to-Preschool

MerMagBackToPreschool0
My Little O started preschool today. I can't believe he's old enough. I feel like A just went to his first day of preschool yesterday! A starts first grade tomorrow and we are equal parts thrilled and a touch melancholy that he's growing so fast. I love back-to-school though. it has long been one of my favorite times of year. It's a confirmation that yes fall is indeed on it's way. And nothing compares to the smell of new pencils, notebooks and erasers. And the promise of possibility and learning on the horizon...Don't you just love it?!

MerMagBackToPreschool1
And I can't deny that I'm very much looking forward to a few hours to myself before this little girl gets here. It's already so peaceful. It's seriously amazing how much you can get done when kids are away, even if for a few hours at a time.

Oh and big thanks for all of you who went out to the GAP Kids Journal making event. From what I saw it was a huge success! And what a better companion to slip into your book bag before heading off to school than your very own personalized journal? And if you didn't see the flickr page of all the geo art photos, you're in for a treat. Take a look at it here. And I'm on pins and needles excited about the last GAP Kids craft we have in store. Your kids will be making animal button/badges that are just to die for. I think they are my favorite. I can't wait!

(cute monkey back pack from Old Navy last year)

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww, congrats mommy. I know you're so proud of your children. Back to school has always been a favorite time of year for me as well, and not just becasue I'm a teacher. I love seeing the excitement on children's faces that first day of school. Oh and yes the smell of new pencils, a new box of crayons and those fun backpacks are all a part of the back-to-school fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! My little dude doesn't start until September. I am looking forward to the alone time with my girl too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, wish your little O good luck. Yeah, I too love all the school supplies and have fond memories of shopping with my mom and siblings for all the back to school things. Yeah, I'm sure it's bittersweet. Nice to have more time to get things done, but missing his presence. I'll check out all the flikr photos of the gap journaling event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The GAP event looked like so much fun! Wish there had been one here in San Diego :)

    ReplyDelete