2.07.2008

my Amelie sopha

Ok, so I've had my eyes on this peacock blue Amelie sofa from Anthropologie for quite some time now. I even got to see it in person recently in their Denver, CO store - was a tad smaller than I thought (all of their furniture is actually much smaller in person). Well of course the price was way out of my budget (a grand total of $2,898.00, with $250 for shipping) yet I continued to drool just the same.

Well, recently I made the find of a lifetime. I was in a local Knoxville antique store, Nostalgia, and spotted this emerald green velvet beauty hiding beneath multiple miss-matched pillows and even a few end tables. The second I saw it my heart leapt and I raced over to see if it really could be as gorgeous and It appeared. In almost perfect condition (a few small tears on the back) and for only $250 (the prince of shipping for the Anthropologie sofa! and it's much longer!), I had to have it. Yes we are trying to save money right now but I've also learned that for me to earn more and create more art, sometimes I need a little more of an incentive than the lofty one of paying morgtage each month (Oh and I love how this follows my 2008 theme of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, etc.). I would love to recover this in a peacock blue velvet similar to the Amelie sofa above but for now I'm happy with the emerald. I'm super excited and ready to get back to painting!

6 comments:

  1. I love it Merrilee, what a steal of a deal!! I even like the green its way popular right now. Just put three more green things in your room and there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mer how exciting!
    it is so worth the money spent and will be a treasure for a long long time!!!
    I also am drooling over it with you!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks gals! I love it and am super happy with it. I'll post another pic of it in my home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow. what a find, i can't believe the price!!! i love it. and i'm so jealous that you have affordable antique stores. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cool is that!! I'm wanting one now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loooove it! I absolutely love it! And I love the green too.

    ReplyDelete