2.07.2008

DIY: Chilrdren's Place Mats


You can make these super easy but super cute children's place mats just by taking your favorite decorative paper to your local copy shop and having it laminated. Here I used 12"x12" papers from scrap line Bam Pop (one of my favs) and created 4 double sided mats - using 8 papers in all (I know some paper already comes double sided which would also work great). I love how these can also be used as a dry-erase doodle pads, play-dough/craft mats, etc. Aj loves to bounce his cars and animals up and down on these (which inspires me to create more with street and town scenes). If you wanted to make these for adults I would advise using larger decorative paper as scapbook paper is just too small for an adult size table setting.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Joel definitely needs to start using a placemat. You should see the table sopt he sits at! I feel like I need to break out the sander just to clean it!
    p.s. I'm going to do dinner at Christy Hinman's tomorrow! Wish you were coming too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm going to do this. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) convention this week in Anaheim and saw this very paper there. Sassafras and Basic Grey and Heather Bailey also had some great papers you might like.

    ReplyDelete