2.20.2008

Catwalk to Closet: Lela Rose

Morning everyone. I've decided to start a new "column" on my blog called "Catwalk to Closet" where I take favorite catwalk looks and recreate them for less. I'm not going for an exact match, but I do try to capture the overall look and feel. If you have any runway pics you'd like me to break down for you, please send them over!

To start off with, I've chosen this gorgeous Lela Rose ensemble from her recent fall 08 collection (something we could all wear now as we go from winter to spring). The the right are my picks for recreating this look:

  1. Flapped bomber jacket: Forever 21. $37.80
  2. City-fit stretch chino cafe capri: J.Crew. $79.50
  3. Silk rosette tunic: Banana Republic. $79.00... or
  4. Silk lace top: Banana Republic. $79.00
  5. Saffron ballet flat: Banana Republic. $78.00
  6. Soho necklace: Forever 21. $7.80

2 comments:

  1. I am not letting you anywhere near my money...even your scaled-down version costs over 280 bucks...

    *snicker*

    Nice choice of outfit, though. I like that style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, who am I kidding. I don't think I'd ever pay $79.00 for this blouse...I'm positive you can find all of these items for less elsewhere (but lower quality of course).

    ReplyDelete