8.24.2009

[bringing up boys, and...]

personalizedplates1
So here I am, having a lovely Saturday afternoon painting some dainty little tea party plates.

Jon gets home. Little A: "Dad! Mom made you a plate!". No sooner do I turn around when I see this mischievousness going on.
personalizedplates2
personalizedplates3
I see pennants. Apparently my boys see something entirely different. Something along the lines of scary, sharp teeth...

Guess I'll have to do a customized set just for my little monsters.


*addendum: Jon drew the face and put it together initially. When I went to photograph the before and after Little A refused to let me take the eyes and nose off and kept putting them back on...so I caught him in the act. And yes, that is a chocolate smear on his arm.

**If you are wanting to make your own custom plates, I used black Ceramcoat paint (instructions on bottle). The plates I found at a local thrift store (they only had two).

11 comments:

  1. That is really cute. Not to mention, a very stylish, uber-minimalist monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how kids are SO creative and honest! haha...who would've thought it was a big smiling grizzly mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny how everybody sees things differently! i like both style.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that!!! boys definitely see things differently...
    i always said that i wouldn't let my guys have guns...no play guns at all...one day my oldest was eating a poptart and he had eaten out a corner and was "shooting" his little brother with it...instant gun
    :)
    happy monday!
    ps....and i love your pendants plate

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute!
    your plates are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too cute. He has your artistic eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiee there Mer! You have such a lovely insprirational bubble space. I really love it here. :) Love your post on Deco8's. Your plates are beautiful and cute! Have a lovely merry day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm.. I want those plates! They are perfect my dear!
    (the little "monster" is adorable too) I love the chocolate smear....so sweet!
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete