1.21.2013

Little Bits: An Attempt to get Organized

MerMagLittleBitsBookShelves750
One of my very favorite things about a New Year is the clean slate and the push to reorganize. You take down all the lovely Christmas decor and then you see your home in a whole new light and the itch to orgazine, to decorate, to make house, etc. starts to make itself known. And I love it.

The Little's room has slowly been progressing and I've loved adding a bit of girly touches to the the boys already colorful scheme that we have going on. I currently have it designed so that all three kids are packed together like sardines in the same room but we'll see if things stay that way. Presently baby M is still in her basket in our room but is rapidly growing out of it. Yet I'm nervous to put her in with her brothers straight away. Let's just that Little O is a bit over-excited about the whole big brother thing and I'm not sure he'd ever leave her alone.
MerMagLittleBitsBabyM
We'll have to see...But whatever we end up doing, you can bet that January's focus is all about home decor and reorganizing! Hooray! Like these bookshelves that we finally put up. So happy to see our books and artwork up and making a fun bold statement in the kids room. Makes my heart light every time I enter in. They are, admittedly, a tad cluttered at the moment, but that is what I get for having too many kids books and items for display! I'll have to work out some sort of rotation schedule of sorts.
MerMagLittleBitsBookShelves2
Now to conquer the opposite wall. The trouble is that I have so many ideas that I just can't settle in on one. My favorite one at the moment will take a bit of time...but will end up so great I think...We'll just have to see...

Either way...I'm super excited to get my home in order. The itch is strong and I'm more than happy to address it. What about you? Do you get the itch to re-decorate or organize in the new year?

17 comments:

  1. Where did you get that little bow? it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg! I got it at a local bazaar and I can't recall who made it. If I do, I'll be sure to pass it on.

      Delete
  2. I recently put up some similar (but smaller) shelves in my baby daughter's room! I love them so much, I want to put some up in my office as well.
    http://www.unicornpara.de/2013/01/13/tiny-library/
    I really like the mix of frames you have- I just used what I had around the house so they are all matchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shelves look fantastic- so brightly coloured and I love that they are so busy; I'm starting to favour "more is more" in our house after years of minimalism- I just find it more cheering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is gorgeous! I was wondering if you could source the paint color on your wall? I am in LOVE with everything!!! I am searching for the perfect color and am currently surrounded by 9 paint samples!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I actually don't know that wall color as it was there when we moved in but I love it too! If I get the info I'll be sure to pass it along.

      Delete
  5. I love all the bright tangerine accents. Those book/art shelves look great and not cluttered at all — you have a nice way of arranging things. I'm always organizing on some level, but yes, especially at this time of year. Around April people start talking about "Spring Cleaning" and I'm like, honey I've been this way for months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours in there! I'm in such an organizing mood, chucking tons of stuff out from the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love to organize. I love the shelves in the kids room even if a bit overcrowded. Lookin' forward to seeing how you organized and your next projects.

    I know what you mean about having too many ideas to be able to do. I have that same thing. I've noticed that's true for some other art and crafty bloggers who I follow.

    I am being forced to re-organize my home in this new year since I just moved to a new place. It has twice as much space as my old place and there is so much more room to keep things neat and clean. Now, let's see if that lasts.....hmmmmmm.....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE that lion with the girl print. Where can I snag one of those?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is great?! It's from Sara Jane studios. You can get it here: http://shop.sarahjanestudios.com/collections/fine-art-print/products/take-me-for-a-walk-girl-print

      Delete
  9. Love everything! Could you share your source for the narrow book ledges...that's exactly what I've been wanting to do! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are the IKEA Ribba shelves. We love 'em.

      Delete
  10. yes! i was just thinking about this exact subject this morning. it's so fun to cozy up and decorate for christmas but it's just as fun freshening up and spring cleaning. i have a gallery wall i've been collecting for and i have the urge to wallpaper something, anything, maybe even just inside of an old frame.
    love the bright colors and the way you display your kids books and artwork. i think that meaningful things make the best decor.
    xo

    ReplyDelete