12.28.2012

Modern Snowman Blocks

MerMagModernSnowmanBlocks1
It's a serious winter wonderland outside right now. And that can only mean one thing...that it's time for snowman building!! And OK, yes the authentic frolicking in the snow and assembling Mr. Frosty with mittens and frostbitten noses is a great way to go...but I'm thinking once that in through, we need to come indoors for some hot cocoa and a much warmer snowman building of sorts.
MerMagModernSnowmanBlocks3
And this simple modern snowman is just the ticket. I was over the moon to find these large blocks at our local craft store (thinking some more mix-n-match um's are in order with these puppies) and knew that our friend Frosty needed to come to life.

We kept it super simple with just a set of eyes, a triangle nose and some buttons. We made them with our favorite craft supply de jour, duct tape, but you can paint yours on if you like. Have fun with it!

MerMagModernSnowmanBlocks2
My mother-in-law has a great after-Christmas tradition where she brings out all things wintery and snowman related to keep the after-holiday blues at bay. I love this idea. And our simple frosty block friend is just what we need to keep us merry and bright, even when the tree comes down.

What about you? Any after Christmas/New Year traditions that help keep your spirits up? I'd love to hear what you do and any great tips you might have. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. great idea! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so adorable-- I think I'm gonna do this with my girls and do interchangeable faces, bellies, etc...we definitely need a post holiday blues chaser around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable and simple! Maybe paint a black wooden spool for a hat? Love.

    ReplyDelete