11.10.2010

[Little O turns 2!]

knightparty-1

Little O (formally know as Baby O...sigh...) recently turned two and we threw him a little Knights and Nobles birthday party, to coincide with his Halloween costume. With his b-day so close to Halloween we found that we need to either throw him a Halloween bash or a themed party based on his costume to make things easier during the holiday season. In fact, with how much I love to put together a party, and juggling between two boys, it became necessary to instill a new birthday tradition for our family. We will now rotate every year between a fun themed party with friends and a more low key, but equally exciting and special, day out with the family. This year was Little O's first big bash with friends.

knightparty-2

I had seen a sort of table tent a while back that I had fallen in love with and had wanted to make one for the boys ever since. I finally got to it this year and it was perfect for the occasion.

knightparty-3

I then made little dragon finger puppets as favors (I know, they look like horses...) popped a sucker inside, attached a name to each and hid them throughout the yard so that the littles could go on a dragon hunt and find their special dragon.

I had grand plans to make a cake but it sunk after coming out of the oven an hour before the party (I tried to make a really tall one...I guess that's what I get for trying to side step the multi-layer technique...) and so I quickly made some chocolate cupcakes instead which ended up working out perfectly.

knightparty-4

We threw together a simple spread fit for a two year old - string cheese, crackers, grapes, juice and red vines - which were a great, drooly, messy hit with the little darlings (as if the chocolate cupcakes weren't messy enough!). And of course we brought out the boys Schleich castle and knights for decor/playing/what have you.

knightparty-5

The highlight of the party (besides seeing all the little princes, princesses, knights, etc. in their garb) was Jon's puppet show he put on with his very own handmade dragon puppet (which I was super impressed with).

knightparty-6

I'm pretty sure it was a big hit with all the littles as well - who proceeded to take turns puppeteering themselves with the coveted dragon and putting on performances.

knightparty-7

Great fun was had by all. The rain stopped just in time for the event and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out.

knightparty-8

Happy birthday my little baby!

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, wow I loooove that party ( well any party you make is great so I should not be suprised!)
    Good idea to use the halloween costumes,they are so great and those invitations so nice! The boys are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fab party. Great style and no rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a cool knight party! Happy belated birthday to your sweet little knight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love the finger puppets:) Happy birthday to your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome!! what a magician you are with your creative ideas!
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really inspiring: I love your idea of one big themed party every other year, and a quite party with family - you're a genius.

    ReplyDelete