12.28.2009

[Christmas round up]

Christmas1
It truly has been the most wonderful time of the year for me. With cookie-exchange parties for hosting and caramel apple cider for toasting and caroling around in the car (albeit a little too late on Christmas Eve....oops), I could not have asked for a better Christmas.
Christmas2
We didn't travel anywhere this season because of Jon's work so I tried to get in the holiday spirit by hosting a cookie-exchange party. It was both delightful and delicious. I made Martha's Tree-Sandwich Cookies (found in the 2008 Handmade Christmas special issue). I only managed to get pics pre-sandwiching but they were loads of fun (Little A went nuts poking holes into the trees with a straw) as well as scrumptious (I used nutella as a filling as well as a friends' homemade pomegranate jam...yummy).
Christmas3
I also managed to finish up the boys stockings...just in the nick of time, of course. Inspired by a wee wonderfuls embroidery pattern I had seen a few years ago, I decided to make my own version using a couple of my illustrations. Little A LOVED that he was a reindeer and Baby O is often called O-bear, so his was a polar bear.
Christmas4
And in the spirit of up-to-the-last-minute, I made pajama bottoms for the boys (I will finish the tops..someday) and the boys were as cute as ever. I had so many other crafty Christmas ideas that will have to wait until next year. I decided it was OK to let some things go and just to enjoy the time with my family. I didn't even go crazy with the wrapping (talk about some serious restraint). I was so relaxed on Christmas day and enjoyed every minute of it. My brother was in town and we did visit aunts, uncles and cousins after opening gifts so we were not completely by ourselves, which made things all the merrier.
Christmas5
Jon gave me some incredible gifts that I can't wait to share with you all in a gift post that will be coming soon. In the mean time I'm going to catch some z's and start making my New Year lists...

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas as well and our enjoying time with loved ones!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time, the christmas socks look great!
    I made some pyama bottoms for my girls last minute( we don't have the tradition of giving presents with christmas here in the Netherlands but a tree with presents looks so much nicer;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stockings and such sweet bed head! Sounds like a perfect Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those stockings are so cute! have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a lovely holiday! those cookies look wonderful!

    xo katherine aka. urban flea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i come to christmas at your house next year? i love your touches- the stockings and bias tape tress and advent calendar are AMAZING. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your boys are so adorable. i love A's bedhead!

    the embroidery on the stockings is amazing!

    ReplyDelete