10.12.2009

[costume prep and the...]

beardA
Having a three year old for Halloween this year is an entirely new adventure for me. Little A is actually starting to get it and is very excited about tricks and treats, The Great Pumpkin and any and all Halloween themed story books we can find (he's like his mama in this way). However, I was counting on this being a year I could still, ahem, "greatly influence" my son as far as what sort of costume he will be wearing alongside his brother (yeah, I'm one of those moms). Well, he's really been into Kung Fu tigers (ala Tai Lung from Kung Fu Panda) so I toyed around with the idea of having him being a tiger/snow leopard and baby O being a panda but it just wasn't inspiring for me. So I waited. Waited for that "Ah Ha!" moment when I knew I had the perfect costume idea for the littles. Well it came...and I'm SO into it now (which I'll keep under wraps for now, and no, it's not Santa Claus). Little A still needed some convincing. So I started off with the beard to see how that would go.
beardB
Well, for 1, 2, 3 seconds we had a bearded man. I was prepare for this and therefore wasn't too discouraged. So we are doing all we can do to talk up this costume idea and on some days he's really jazzed, and on other days he wants to be what his little brother is going to be (and I'll admit, baby O's costume is kind of cooler). So we'll see how it goes. I might just have to have a back up plan...and hey, the more costumes on Halloween the better right?

8 comments:

  1. My three year old is totally into Halloween this year. For weeks now she's been talking about being a unicorn. Still trying to figure that one out...
    Hubby wants the 1 year old to be a that other fantastical creature - the faerie. Not sure how I feel about that, but she would be a damn cute faerie.
    Good luck with your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of "those" moms too. I tried to influence my sons last year and they were the dynamic duo of Batman and Tigger. This year it's Dracula and whatver is in my 2 1/2 yr.old's line of vision when you ask him. That beard is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you. Liam is 5 and last year we were planning to all be vikings. Liam was set on being a robot, so we all changed our costumes. Luckily it was a cool costume. This year he wanted to be Death. Yes, a bumpy skeleton face with a sickle. He was dead set on it. we tried everything. We eventually got him excited about a power rangers costume (of which he has never watched in his life). We are officially being separate things this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of those moms and this year I think I have you to thank that I don't have to scramble around sewing too much! I have Princess Peepers costume thanks to you! and my M girl was a pirate for her b-day and so she is ready. And drum roll my 3 year old wants to wear a costume I sewed years ago (which is so great I sew so many costumes and at last one gets reused!!!!!) I am so happy this year!
    I can't wait to see your little A in his beard and full costume. Is he gonna be Ahab and little O be a whale?

    ReplyDelete
  5. just adorable! i still don't know what our little one will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore the beard! i can't wait until next year when i'll have a baby to dress up for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stumbled upon your blog!
    i adore it, it's so lovely.
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    www.thelittledeers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete