4.02.2009

[gearing up for my birthday]

sewingweekend
This Sunday, April 5th, I turn 31 (wow!). The only thing I wanted this year was an entire day to sew and to paint. Tomorrow, Friday, is that day for me. I'm SO excited. The only problem is that I have a great deal of sewing and painting ideas...I just have to narrow them down so that I can actually be productive. Can't wait. I purchased these fabrics yesterday in hopes of creating something scrumptious. If all goes well I'll have lovely things to show you after the weekend.

Birthdays are so much fun!

12 comments:

  1. love those colors. enjoy!

    and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors! HAPPY birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fabric is gorgeous! have a wonderful birthday.
    can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a better gift than uninterrupted time to sew or paint! I might have to ask for that for my birthday.. Happy Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday lovely lady!!! enjoy your peaceful day.
    so funny about your fabric choice. cally just painted her lr and kit that gold color and i'm trying to convince her to do the dr that gold color. such a beautiful combination...especially accented with some lovely green and pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you making that gold skirt?

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AC-I think it will turn out to be an Easter dress...if I don't mess it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy day. Can't wait to see.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy happy birthday Merrilee! hope you have a lovely weekend, can't wait to see all your creations!

    xo.
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday, and happy productive sewing/painting day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I'm terrible at remembering birthdays, right? I know it's no excuse. Happy Birthday! The dress will turn out fabulously in your hands.

    ReplyDelete