6.13.2011

[lemon squares and...]

lemontriangles1

We had a marvelous weekend. It started off on Friday with a fantastic benefit held in miss Davy Jean's honor. I can't begin to describe what a special night it was. Truly amazing people working together to do something even more amazing for this special little girl. And can I just say that Ruthy is one of my new BFF's? She's seriously as great as she comes off on her blog.

Then on Saturday Jon and I spent the day, with the kiddos, at the LACMA visiting the fabulous Tim Burton exibit. Needless to say it was fantastic (it's a little frightening for kids however...no surprise there...so we did a run through each on our own to really soak it all in).

And then on Sunday we enjoyed being homebodies with a little lemon square making and some freezer paper stenciling.
lemontriangles2
I had a few tee shirts of Little A's that I've wanted to spice up for a while so I had Little A start out with a simple, imperfect, pattern of triangles in yellow.
lemontriangles3
He really enjoyed working on this. I love seeing how his concentration increases as he gets older. He was very into this craft and loved seeing it come together.

His favorite part was choosing where to put the two random black triangles. He really got into that little element of surprise.
lemontriangles4
So like a said a great day. A great weekend.

And if you are interested in doing freezer paper stencils yourself, you can find a fab tutorial here.

What did you do over the weekend? Anything fab, indulgent or crafty with the family? Do tell.

14 comments:

  1. Love how simple but effective the triangle design is! I was also stenciling, actually -- this year's father's day present is father-daughter matching T-shirts, drying right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally copying this shirt exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so totally drooling over your lemon squares! I love that you had A paint the shirt why didn't I think of that!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea - thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drooling over the lemon squares and the t-shirts are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I love the toddler T idea! So creative and very stylish =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how fun this craft is. The fundraiser looked like quite the success! Happy to hear it.. My, how cute is your kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I just made a big boy one for my husband and he loves it!

    Follow my blog at :

    http://lannalsu.blogspot.com/

    and check out my first giveaway! it's coach...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! And kids have such a way of giving it an authentic handmade look. Beats my perfectionism any day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The t-shirt is absolutely adorable and I like everything with lemon in it. This post is right up my alley!

    Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo Hannah
    Heaps of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, just wondering if you could post the recipe for those beautiful lemon squares! Love to taste them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the t-shirt...so simple and so fabulous! A new method to use freezer paper…thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your post so much that I tried making such a nice shirt yesterday. I shared the result on my blog. I shared your post too. I hope you don't mind?
    You can check it out here: http://kleurdedag.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-neonshirt.html
    It's in Dutch so you probably won't be able to read it, but you can see the picture if you want.

    ReplyDelete