4.21.2011

[time keeps on...]

bunnyorigami1

Wow. Has it really almost been a month since I've posted last? Time truly is hoppin' away from me. And can Easter really be just around the corner? I swore to myself that I wouldn't have another whirlwind Easter...but I have to say, things are looking like they are going to plow forward as usual in the Liddiard household...on hyperdrive.

This is exactly why I need super easy, and simultaneously, super cute Easter activities. The boys and I are a fan of these little origami bunny faces. They are a breeze for the littles to make and decorate.

I've created a little tutorial here for you to see how to go about doing these little bunny darlings.
bunnyfaceTutorialWeb
Step 1: grab any square piece of paper
Step 2: fold in half to make a crease
Steps 3, 4 and 5: rotate and fold in half again to make another crease then unfold
Step 6: fold up bottom edge of triangle
Steps 7 and 8: fold up bottom ends to meet the center crease line (to get your bunny ears)
Step 9: fold up bottom tip for your bunny chin
Step 10: turn over, fold under (backward) on the dotted line
Step 11. draw a face you are finished

(dotted lines represent fold lines and softer solid lines represent creased lines)

bunnyorigami2
The boys loved the craft. Little A was very much into all of the folding (if not a little OCD about it) and loved putting on the face. Little O on the other hand, was much more interested in starting an all-out bunny war.
bunnyorigami4
Little O rapidly won Little A over and bunny combat commenced.
bunnyorigami3
Easy Easter craft? Check.

Happy Boys? Check.

Boys occupied for a few more minutes while mom chugs away at her myriad of tasks? Check.

Overall success? Check.

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you made these... I get stuck on step 4. I can't tell where you fold or unfold, the dotted lines verses the light solid lines, how you did step 5...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie-so sorry. I've since posted step-by-step instructions which should help to clear things up. Let me know if it's still confusing.

    thanks!

    mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness i've been checking in every day since i found your blog last month. and when i see that you haven't posted i just go right back through all the past ones i've already looked at. you're just that dang cool and inspiring. love your fabulousness lady. you have a forever inspired follower in me.

    ReplyDelete