11.12.2008

[handmade Christmas]

This year I am really going to try and focus on creating a handmade, DIY Christmas. I'm especially inspired by paper items and am excited to try a different number of things. I spent so much on decorations last year (for a holiday home tour) that are now all packed away in my parents barn in Colorado (they didn't make it out to Cali with us for the move). I don't want to purchase an entire slew of new Christmas decorations this year so I'm going to see what I can't create from what I have already. Of course the stuff I want to buy but, I'll post here so I can feel at least some degree of ownership. I love these bird ornaments. I've had the files around for a bit so I'm not sure of their original source. If anyone has ideas, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. i'm going to do the same thing! i really want to streamline (and update) my christmas decor this year but i want it all to be DIY or at least indie purchased. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely! I wish I could have a whole tree of diy or indie....that would be sublime!
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you could make those brown ornaments with a rubber stamp brown paper and some hand sewing
    Sounds way FUN to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For indie ornament inspiration you could do worse than check out the handmade ornaments currently being posted onto flickr from the third holiday ornament swap hosted by freshlyblended and cake&pie http://www.flickr.com/groups/holidayornamentswap08
    or last year's swapped ornaments
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/holidayswap07/

    ReplyDelete