10.03.2007

Room Makeover




Jon and I have been making over our home in anticipation of participating in the Knoxville Christmas Historic Home Tour, and we recently have been focusing on our "entertainment" room. I've dubbed this Jon's room as he's the entertainment/tech guru of the family but I have added a few of my touches. He's always wanted to have a green room (to mimic the study from the game Clue-it's a guy thing I guess) so we went for green (which he painted all himself!). I'm not usually into warm and cozy (I like light and airy) but I really like how this turned out. He wanted a comfortable sofa for watching movies on (I go for thin, streamlined/modern or antique/decorative) as well as a couch bed for guests. We've put his portrait up in the room and it goes great. On Sunday afternoon I made pillows for the room and I'm quite proud of how they turned out (yes I know it's just a matter of sewing straight lines to complete a square but I'm still really excited). Now to tackle the rest of the house before the end of November...

5 comments:

  1. Cool Color! I love repainting rooms. It seems we do it here every 9 months or so. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work guys! i want to go on the tour! so fun to see a part of your house finally-- don't you love having a house as a canvas??? and beautiful pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! That's not the same room. I thought it was one of your picks from Better Homes or something. It looks great. I may just have to swing by tomorrow and get a closeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks gals! You're feedback is so welcome (I love a second opinion to help me really trust what I do). Cally please do come by any time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH! I love it! I love the green! You're pillows look great too. Don't worry green overall is a very calming color. I might have to come by and see it myself. Love it! Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete