4.30.2007

The Paper Dress








I've been into paper dresses lately and have designed my own that I really want to create. I originally came up with it for an Ugly Betty contest where thy had viewers enter ideas of what sort of dress could be designed using only things found in the office. I came up with this paper butterfly dress. (I never actually entered it, btw, I missed the deadline). But I want to make this myself. It could be so beautiful and simple. White cut-out butterflies on a white jumper. I've noticed too that dresses made from paper or found objects seem to be all the rage. I really adore this plastic wedding dress from the cover of the latest I.D. magazine. I also enjoyed an article in the latest British Vogue all about craft work in fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment